Skip to main content

SECRETS OF GOOD SUCCESS




Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.  This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success – Joshua 1:7-8

The above scripture is an express and direct statement to Joshua by God. A statement that reveals God’s ultimate and true secret for prosperity and good success. That secret is studying and doing what the Word of God says. It is obvious that not all the successes people get are good successes. When one succeeds by cheating, stealing or through any unlawful and ungodly scheme, he can’t be said to have good success. Good successes are successes that come by godly and lawful schemes and activities. 

Good success brings peace, joy and contentment with it. It is a success that lasts the test of time. And God is saying the best place to discover the secret to such a success is in His Word. Why the Word of God you will ask?

Our God you should know is the wisest and shares His wisdom and knowledge with us in His Word. Therefore the word of God is a divine goldmine containing precious resources necessary to build up a man and focus his mind towards success. The word of God reveals the mind of God which when obeyed attracts divine favor on all a man does. And of course divine favor translates into success in real life.

So when God asked Joshua to meditate and obey His word, all He was saying was, “give me an excuse by the reason of your obedience to favor you”. God is saying the same thing to you now. That if only you will live in total obedience unto Him, then failure will be far away from you and He will favor you and make you a great success. Take note that God said, “…for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success”. In essence God was saying, “To have good success and prosperity, you must obey me”.

Of note also is the fact that men have received career and business ideas while meditating on the word of God. I am one good example of such ones. Severally I have received ideas while in the middle of a church service. Once after conceiving such an idea, a woman I never knew before walked up to me in the church at the end of the programme, looked into my eyes and said, “Never bother, God will make it happen”, confirming my conceived idea as God-given.
Such ideas are suddenly delivered by the Holy Spirit in a flash and because they come from God, success follows their application.

Beloved, it is therefore very important that we take more time to study and digest God’s word into our minds, and make every effort to obey it. We should eat it as food because it is actually a good food for the mind and the spirit of man.

My prayer is that as you step up your Bible-study life, and commit to obey God in all you do, that God will deliver unto you great ideas for success in Jesus name. Amen.


Fortune Ihunweze is a motivational speaker, Christian teacher, preacher and author. Having discovered a spiritual gifting for writing and teaching the Word of God has taken to for over a decade now. He has written numerous articles in church bulletins and online Magazines. He has also prepared and taught several Bible study sessions.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 PRAYER POINTS TO CANCEL EVIL DREAMS

  Our dreams oftentimes are means through which we receive revelations from God (Genesis 20:3-7; 28:12; 31:10; 37:7-10, Matthew 2:12). There are also situations where the devil has used the instrument of dreams as a weapon in attacking people. Revelations from dreams should be taken very seriously because that might be the only way you will stop a revealed calamity from happening. In Genesis 40:1-23, Pharaoh's  chief baker had a dream, he got the interpretation but never prayed about it. Three days later as revealed in the dream, he was executed. Beloved, stop toying and ignoring your dreams. THE PRAYERS 1. My God and creator, thank You for the sleep I had last night in Jesus name. 2. I pass everyone, place, situations or things I saw in my dream last night through thw blood of Jesus Christ and I neutralize them now in Jesus name. 3. I cancel the effect of any bad dream I had last night in Jesus name. 4. In the spirit realm, I neutralize any evil manifestation of my dreams in Jesus

THE THREE DIMENSIONS OF GOD’S PRESENCE

The presence of God is manifested in three dimensions. An understanding of these three will help our knowledge of the dynamics of God’s presence. These three dimensions of God’s presence are; His omnipresence, His indwelling presence and His manifest presence.

33 PRAYER POINTS FOR ONES CAREER/BUSINESS

These prayer points will guide you to prayer effectively with results for your career or job. Worship and thank God intensely with dedication. Thank God for your job. Thank Him for your position in that office. Plead the Blood of Jesus over your life as you enter the sphere of spiritual warfare. I take and maintain my position in my office because I am seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places and the Devil is under my feet no power will unseat me in Jesus’ name. I declare that divine timing, open doors and favour in high places shall manifest continually in my career in Jesus’ name. I declare that every satanic harassment and intimidation have no effect on me in Jesus’ name. I command every satanic mystery, cycle and mechanism working against my career to be permanently exposed, decoded and destroyed through the Blood of Jesus in Jesus’ name. In the mighty name of Jesus, I overthrow all transaction contrary to my career progress and breakthrough in Jesus’ name. Any man/woman paying